Chinese New Year Kung Pao Chicken
Chinese Kung Pao Chicken
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice wine (or white wine)
- 3 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cubed
- 1/4 c. chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp. seasame oil
- 1 tsp. garlic chili paste
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/3 c. chopped peanuts
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce, rice wine and 1 teaspoon cornstarch. Whisk until smooth then add the chicken and toss to coat. Marinate 15 minutes.
- Make sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together remaining 3 tablespoons soy sauce, remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch, chicken broth, apple cider vinegar, hoisin sauce, sesame oil and garlic chili paste. Whisk until evenly combined.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil. Add chicken and cook until golden and almost cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add a drizzle of oil and the bell pepper. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes, then stir in garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Return chicken to skillet and pour in sauce. Stir to combine and bring mixture to a low simmer. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in green onions and peanuts.
Explore more family fun recipes