- 12 oz of uncooked pasta
- 6 ½ cups fresh broccoli florets, no stems
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- When water boils, add pasta and broccoli at the same time and cook according to pasta instructions for al dente.
- When pasta is almost cooked, reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside. Drain pasta and broccoli.
- Return the pot to the stove and set heat to high; add 1 tbsp of olive oil, when hot, add garlic. Cook garlic until golden, reduce heat to low and add pasta with broccoli back to the pot.
- Mix well, add remaining olive oil, grated cheese, salt, and pepper to taste mixing well and smashing any large pieces of broccoli to break up.
- Add ½ cup of reserved pasta water and mix well adding more if needed.
- Serve in bowls with additional grated cheese on the side.
Explore more family fun recipes