- 2 large eggplants
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- ¼ cup of Tahini paste
- ⅛ teaspoon of sumac
- Preheat oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- Using a fork, prick the eggplants all over. Place them on a baking sheet and cook (or barbecue) for about 45 minutes until the skin blackens and blisters.
- After letting them cool, peel off the skin.
- Put the skinless eggplant in a food proessor. Add garlic cloves, lemon juice, cumin, Tahini paste, salt and pepper. Pulse until mixture forms into a paste.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of sumac and parsley for garnish.
Explore more family fun recipes